We are Team HyperLift, a high school independent entity from St. John’s School in Houston, Texas. We are a group of highly motivated individuals who are driven by innovation. We presented at Design Weekend in January 2016 at Texas A&M and were the only non collegiate/professional team chosen to advance to Competition Weekend. We are 1 of 29 teams to build our design in order to compete in Hawthorne, California in January 2017.
Our goal at HyperLift is to provide the safest, most reliable, most cost-effective and most efficient pod design for Hyperloop through the implementation of innovative designs. We also strive to inspire as many individuals as possible with our journey.
What We've Achieved
- Created a design for the Hyperloop that has been approved past First and Final Design Package
- Chosen from over a thousand teams to participate in Design Weekend at Texas A&M
- Only High School Team in the world advancing to the build stage of the competition
- 1 of only 3 teams to be allowed to test on the external subtrack in November
- Placed 9th in the SpaceX Hyperloop Pod Competition!! Also, we received Honorable Mention for Performance and Operations (we were the first team to have a successful levitation test in the vacuum!!)